Treatment using lifting-style dermal fillers
Dermal fillers are prescription-only medicines that must be administered by registered healthcare practitioners. If you are unsure whether a particular practitioner is registered in Australia, you can check the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency website. It is recommended that you prepare for your first consultation by thinking through any questions you may have about the treatment and the outcomes. The ‘What to ask your practitioner’ section below on this page can give you some tips on what questions to ask.
Finding your clinic
In this video Dr. Christoph Martschin from Sweden gives his advice on how to find the right doctor.
Questions to ask your practitioner before treatment
Here are some questions that you should ask your healthcare practitioner:
• Are you registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency?
• How much experience have you had with dermal fillers?
• Do you use a dermal filler that is approved for use in Australia?
• What results can I expect from the treatment?
• What happens during the treatment?
• Could my medical history, medications or previous treatments affect or prevent treatment?
• Are there any side effects and precautions that I should know about?
• Is there anything I should do before and after treatment?
• Any other questions you may have.
You will also find detailed information about lifting-style dermal fillers in the Dermal filler FAQs section.